Enjoy the sunrise on the summit of Mount Batur on a full-day, small-group trek from Kuta or Ubud. Hike alongside your Balinese guides as you walk by flashlight, then enjoy stunning views of the island from the edge of an active volcano. Enjoy a simple breakfast as you watch the sun appear on the horizon. Climb over black sand and lava-formed hills while exploring the UNESCO-recognized crater, hike back to the base of Mount Batur, and pause to see a Balinese coffee plantation on the return trip to your hotel.
- Sunrise trek to the top of Mount Batur
- Enjoy breakfast at the summit
- Explore the mountain with Balinese guides
- Visit a coffee plantation
- Morning tea and breakfast
- Professional English speaking Guide
- Private Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What To Expect
Mount Batur is one of Bali’s most active volcanoes, and trekking to the summit is a popular challenge for hikers. On this tour, rise early to undertake a thrilling moonlight climb, watch the sunrise from the top of the volcano, and then trek around the crater, enjoying stunning views over the surrounding countryside.
After an early-morning pickup from your Kuta or Ubud hotel, travel by air-conditioned vehicle to the base of Mount Batur. On arrival, set out to climb the volcano by night, using flashlights to guide your way and admiring the scenery lit by moonlight. Arrive at the summit after hiking and climbing up to the highest viewpoint from which to watch the sunrise over Bali—a worthy reward for your efforts. As the sun comes up, tuck into a tasty breakfast on the mountaintop while you gaze out over the lava fields, and glittering lakes below.
We pass by without stopping along the way we can see the scenery.
Lake Batur (Danau Batur)
From the top of mount Batur we can see lake Batur.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Wear hiking or sport shoes.
- Bring a warm jacket, long pants, camera, sunblock, toilet paper.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity.
- Only your group will participate
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather.
- If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.